Intersection Car Wrecks
Fort Worth Intersection Crash Attorneys
While intersections can be helpful in regulating the flow of traffic, they can also be the settings for traffic crashes. In fact, about 36 percent of all traffic crashes that occur in the U.S. each year take place in intersections, as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports. What may be more alarming than this is the finding that driver errors or negligence are reportedly a factor in about 96 percent of all intersection crashes (while environmental factors reportedly contribute to only about 3 percent of these traffic crashes).
At The Haslam Firm, our Fort Worth intersection crash attorneys have extensive experience representing people injured in these types of traffic crashes, and our lawyers are dedicated to holding negligent drivers and others accountable so that victims are able to obtain the compensation and justice they deserve.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an intersection crash – or if your loved one has been killed in a fatal intersection crash, don’t hesitate to contact us today for experienced help and straightforward, professional advice regarding your best options for financial recovery.
How Driver Negligence Can Contribute to Intersection Crashes
Some of the primary reasons that intersections are so often the sites of traffic crashes are that:
- Vehicles, as well as pedestrians, regularly converge in these areas.
- The driving conditions are always changing at intersections, meaning that even the slightest lapse in drivers’ focus or attentiveness at intersections can have potentially tragic consequences.
According to the NHTSA, the most common ways in which drivers are negligent and, as a result, cause intersection crashes include by:
- Failing to properly survey an intersection before proceeding, which is a factor in more than 44 percent of intersection car crashes
- Making wrong assumptions about other motorists’ intentions in intersections, which contributes to more than 8 percent of intersection car crashes
- Turning with obstructed views, which is a factor in nearly 8 percent of intersection collisions
- Violating intersection-related traffic laws, which plays a role in causing nearly 7 percent of intersection wrecks
- Distracted driving, which leads to nearly 6 percent of all intersection car crashes
- Making mistakes when assessing the distance between vehicles and/or other vehicles’ speeds, which contributes to more than 5 percent of intersection collisions.
When drivers may be impaired due to alcohol and/or drug use, these errors and mistakes are far more likely to occur, as alcohol and drug impairment can substantially affect motorists’ perception and reaction times.
After Intersection Crashes: Our Fort Worth Intersection crash Attorneys Are Here for You
Have you been hurt in an intersection crash that may have been caused by negligence? If so, contacting the experienced Fort Worth intersection crash attorneys at The Haslam Firm is your best option for obtaining personalized legal service and justice. Since 1986, our trusted lawyers have been dedicated to crafting the most persuasive cases for our clients in order to help them bring their cases to successful resolutions, and our lawyers are ready to put their experience and skills to work helping you.
Contact Us Today
Let’s talk about your case and your best options for moving forward during an initial consultation. To schedule this meeting, call us at (817) 332-3115 or send us an email using the contact form on this page.
From our offices based in Fort Worth, our trusted lawyers provide superior legal representation to people throughout the state of Texas, including (but not exclusive to) those in Dallas, Granbury, Denton, Weatherford, Cleburne, Waxahache County, Tarrant County, Dallas County, Hood County and Johnson County, as well as throughout the U.S.
Get your questions answered - Call to request a free case evaluation (817) 332-3115